Gordon JF Chisholm
T +61 3 9225 7435
M 0438 446 813
F +61 3 9225 8480
Areas of Practice
Gordon Chisholm’s primary interest is criminal law.
He is available to be briefed for Melbourne or country matters. He has appeared in:
- The Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court;
- County Court jury trials;
- Committal proceedings; and
- IBAC and AAT proceedings.
Gordon, since coming to the Bar, has:
- Been granted an Indictable Crime Certificate (ICC), on 28 July 2016;
- Been accepted on to the “Criminal Trial Preferred Barrister List” compiled by Victoria Legal Aid;
- Undertaken cultural awareness training provided by Kellawan Indigenous Consultants, to assist when appearing for members of Aboriginal communities;
- Undertaken training on DNA science for legal practitioners offered by Forensic Foundations; and
- Kissed the Blarney Stone.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Gordon worked for three and a half years at Slades & Parsons Solicitors. Before that he was associate to Her Honour Judge Lewitan.
Gordon obtained a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) and a Bachelor of Laws from The University of Melbourne. His honours thesis in Arts looked at language abilities in chimpanzees.
He read with Ben Ihle. His senior mentor is Peter Chadwick QC.
Gordon does not accept direct briefs through barristerconnect.Contact Us Today